Executive Director of Nursing & Quality Assurance
Share this role
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Closing date:
- 9am Friday 16th June
- Job Ref:
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (LTHT) is one of the largest teaching hospitals in Europe, a regional and national centre for specialist treatment, a renowned biomedical research facility, and the local hospital for the city of Leeds. The Trust plays an important role in the training and education of medical, nursing, allied healthcare professions and dental students, along with our extensive apprenticeship programme and it is a centre of world-class research and innovation, pioneering new treatments.
We treat 1.7 million patients every year, including more than 200,000 emergency attendances. The Trust has a turnover of £1.4 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff in seven hospitals on five sites. We work with academia and industry to play a leading role in education, research and innovation. As well as being a key partner in the West Yorkshire ICB, Leeds Place and the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT), where we are working with partners and citizens to integrate services and ensure they meet the needs of our vibrant and diverse communities.
As our new Executive Director of Nursing & Quality Assurance, you will lead our nursing, midwifery and AHP workforce and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of safe, effective and personal care to every patient, every time – championing a professional and open culture which continues to empower staff to consistently deliver Quality Care with Compassion.
We are seeking a strategic, inclusive, and values-based individual, someone who is experienced in leading complex organisations and long-term service improvement. You will bring a passion for reducing inequalities, valuing diversity and for empowering staff at all levels, maintaining our position as an employer of choice and modelling the ‘Leeds Way Values’ values and behaviours in all that you do. An exceptional communicator with a high degree of political acumen, you will quickly forge trusted relationships with our stakeholders and be skilled in creating effective partnerships working across organisational boundaries locally, regionally, and nationally. With a proven track record for embedding research and education at the heart of an organisation.
If our Trust and this role interest you, and if you want to learn more, please contact Helen Barkham, Michelle Atkinson or Robin Staveley of GatenbySanderson via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
- Please submit an up to date copy of your CV, completed fit and proper person form, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; the referees should include your two most recent employers covering the last 3 years of employment. Please note if two references do not cover your last 3 years of employment you may need to provide further references at a later stage. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.